Sunday 5 September 2010

Bats...Sorry!?

My local Waitrose has quite an ingenious scheme going on at the moment. When you buy something, along with your receipt, you get given a token, and with this token comes great responsibility...you are asked to slot it into one of 3 boxes, representing 3 different charities. At the end of a given period, the box/charity with the most tokens will be given a certain amount of money.

NOW...I am allll for giving to charity...but WHYYYYY UPON WHYYYYY would I want to give to the local BAT AWARENESS SOCIETY!????
Absolute nonsense.
Those filthy, virulent rodents don't need encouragement to expand their dynasties.
HOWWWWW I ask did a charity representing these beasts make it into the running...and more to the point whyyyy was it in second place!???

Sorry, but if Waitrose have that much money burning a hole in their pocket, the 'TinTin Tande Shopping Fund' could do with an injection...maybe I'll suggest this next time I pop in?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Bats are adorable!! they would have gotten my token :P

    http://www.succeedingatfailing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete