Monday 29 March 2010

PROUD to be an ONION lover!


That's right. WHERRRRRRRRE, I ask you, would the WORLD be, without ONIONS!?
I think I may be slightly OBSESSED...but whatevsssssss, I love them.

'The word onion comes from the Latin word unio for "single," or "one," because the onion plant produces a single bulb, unlike its cousin, the garlic, that produces many small bulbs. The name also describes the union (also from unio) of the many separate, concentrically arranged layers of the onion'

70% of my culinary specialities (and no, that doesn't include fish fingers and mash...even though it is a fave :D) involve onions...they take food to a wholeeeeeeee 'nother FLAVOUR dimension!
When the love began, half a chopped onion would do...BUT OH NO, times have changed...half will simply not suffice. IT'S A WHOLE ONION OR NOTHING. Stir-fry...spaghetti bolognese...enchiladas...YOU NAME IT, I'LL INVOLVE IT!
So yes, just had to dedicate a post to my favourite vegetable :D
DANIELLE L.L. (Can't disclose the full name for privacy reasons) - I KNOW you understand!)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment